Re: kernel BUG at lib/radix-tree.c:473!

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 13:39:16 EST

Hugh Dickins wrote:
In both cases it's handling a page fault: I'm curious as to what kind
of vma this fault is occurring on. Could you devise a way of getting
us /proc/<pid>/maps output, together with the faulting address, when
it hits one of these BUGs? Or should I try to put together a patch
for that?

Irritatingly, it looks like the i386 register dump doesn't include cr2. My 64-bit dump has cr2 as 00007fb12cb2a000 which is a good solid usermode address. I'll run X under strace to see if that gives a clue to what it corresponds to.