Re: tbench regression on each kernel release from 2.6.22 -> 2.6.28

From: David Miller
Date: Mon Aug 11 2008 - 17:51:00 EST

From: Christoph Lameter <cl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:33:43 -0500

> Maybe what we are seeing is general bloat in kernel execution paths
> due to the growth in complexity?

It could be, and any kind of analysis into this would be great.

I had a change that RCU destroyed sockets and this added a
tiny bit of latency, so I never added it even though it would
have allowed a lot of simplification of socket handling (which
I though would make up for RCU's latency, but it didn't).