Re: New conflict message in latest GIT

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 03:59:08 EST

On 23-07-08 09:17, Fabio Comolli wrote:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.26-rc8/2.6.26-rc8-mm1/broken-out/pnp-have-quirk_system_pci_resources-include-io-resources.patch

I did not add it manually for sure. By the way, I don't see any ACPI
related problems with this kernel.

You can just look at drivers/pnp/quirks.c:quirk_system_pci_resources() and see if it's still IORESOURCE_MEM only (current linus) or includes IORESOURCE_IO resources as per that patch.

Had a momentary notion that if we specifically exclude ACPI in favour of PCI as that patch does this could _cause_ the message -- before, the PCI smbus driver just would've failed but perhaps you don't even have such a driver or something.

Probably way of base. Just had a deja vu to my own soundcard trouble.

Rene