Re: linux-next: Requirements and process

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Wed Jul 23 2008 - 00:29:41 EST

Hi Randy,

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:31:14 -0700 Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > output from "git describe". Alternatively, you can be based on another
> > tree in linux-next by using:
> >
> > # NEXT_BASE <name of a tree in linux-next>
>
> What do we use for BASE or NEXT_BASE if the base tree is linux-next?
> Just don't use these annotations?

The name from the Next/Trees file in any linux-next release. You should
be very careful doing this if you don't control the other tree, though.
And you should let me know so that I can order the trees appropriately.

This was mainly added for Greg who has 4 quilt series in linux-next that
depend on each other. If you depend on some random tree that changes day
to day your quilt series may no longer apply cleanly on top of it.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx