Re: Please pull ACPI tree

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 11:09:37 EST

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 04:23:43PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > This reverts some double commits and a trouble some FADT patch.
>
> > Andi Kleen (4):
> > Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."
>
> in that commit log you say:
>
> Revert "dock: bay: Don't call acpi_walk_namespace() when ACPI is disabled."
> Revert double commit by mistake. Noticed by Thomas Gleixner.
>
> it wasnt just "noticed" by Thomas, he sent a reverter patch with commit
> message and patch included. Why didnt you simply apply the patch from
> Thomas?

Of course so that you have something to complain about. I know
that is your favorite pastime in the last months, so I didn't want to deny
you the fun.

Seriously, typing in git revert is the way to apply a revert.
I could have cut'n'pasted his commit message, but it didn't seem
to make much difference.

-Andi (who is amazed he has to write emails on trivialities like this)