Re: Please add ZFS support (from GPL sources)

From: Bernd Petrovitsch
Date: Mon Jul 21 2008 - 10:51:21 EST

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 11:40 -0300, Kevin Winchester wrote:
[....]
> > But it may be covered by patents by Sun. So maybe not allowed make an
> > implementation. :(
> > Maybe you should consult SFLC (Software Freedom Law Center) first or something.

Since basically *you* wanted that feature in the first place (and for
whatever reason do not even start to work on it), I would have assumed
that *you* already checked out all implications - especially the legal
ones.
So which patents may be relevant IYHO?

Bernd
--
Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55