Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Sat Jul 19 2008 - 21:14:34 EST

In article <487D0564.7070606@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> Opinions apart, what really matters: we have an ultimate declaration
> about Linus' tree -- we may forget the pre-official (?) announcement
> [Documentation/SecurityBugs] and know that someone else must,
> eventually, classify and inform the world about security bugs existent
> in their software.

The Security Comunity as a whole (especially the commercial service offices
who gat paied to make up new security leaks) is very good in finding,
tracking and classifying bugs. This together with the distributors works
very well for Linux users. What are you missing?

> From our consumer side, every time an issue of this nature is found,
> let's pray for some intermediate, gray, angel to send us an "warning"
> message.

Well, since most often the developers rely on the same source to be notified
about it, its not really a problem.

Gruss
Bernd