Re: [BUG, NET] deadlock tearing down a bridged interface

From: Ben Greear
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 12:27:11 EST

Dave Chinner wrote:
Folks,

I just deadlocked networking on a 2.6.24 kernel. Basically I
was trying to restart the bridge interface I use for UML sessions
because it wasn't passing packets. This happens occasionally
when I leave a UML session too long in gdb, so I bounced the
bridge to get it working again.
We have been chasing a refcount bug in 2.6.25 that only happens when
IPv6 module is loaded. If you are not actually using ipv6, try removing it's
module from your /lib/modules/* directory and see if that fixes your problem.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Candela Technologies Inc http://www.candelatech.com