Re: [Squashfs-devel] Squashfs mainlining status?

From: Robert Lougher
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 08:37:56 EST

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<Geert.Uytterhoeven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If there are good reasons for breaking compatibility, we're more than happy to
> accept that. Don't you think it would be a good idea to explain them to the
> readers of the squashfs-devel mailing list?
>
> Phillip, can you please elaborate? Many thanks in advance!

We need to wait for Phillip to reply for the details. But my
understanding is that Phillip is using this as an opportunity to clean
up the layout and to remove limitations. This may give Squashfs an
easier ride in mainlining reviews, and once Squashfs is mainlined
layout changes may become much more difficult, so it's wise to do it
now.

Rob.