Re: ACPI WARNING: at drivers/acpi/tables/tbfadt.c:348acpi_tb_create_local_fadt+0x147/0x2f4()

From: Jan Beulich
Date: Thu Jul 17 2008 - 11:30:24 EST

>>>Output from acpidump is attached.
>>
>> Just as I suspected - the v1 field says 4 bytes, but the v2 field says 8 bits.
>
>So does the BIOS owner need to fix the table? If you could give me the
>exact text to pass along to the mobo mfr, I will forward it and I can
>get them to release a new BIOS rev.

I'm not sure how else to express what I already said above: They simply
need to get (in ACPI spec terms) the FADT's X_PM1a_EVT_BLK in sync
with PM1_EVT_LEN (and they should at once make sure other
X_PM*_BLK and X_GPE?_BLK fields are in sync with their respective
legacy fields, too - while looking at the dump, it seemed there were more
inconsistencies).

Jan