Re: acpi based pci gap calculation - v3

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jul 16 2008 - 01:41:07 EST

Jesse Barnes wrote:
On Tuesday, July 15, 2008 1:54 pm Alok Kataria wrote:
I have tested it with couple of different BIOS settings and it seems to
work as it should.

Most of the PCI bugs we
have at the moment are related to PCI resource allocation failures. My
hope is that finding more space will fix most of them. Assuming this
patch doesn't have any dependencies, I can put it in my linux-next
branch.
No dependencies, I had added a function e820_search_gap which is used by
this patch. This function is already in the mainline tree.
Thanks for applying.

Ok, I stuffed it in my linux-next branch. I'll let it sit there for a day or so though, just to shake out any build problems etc. in linux-next before asking Linus to pull the whole lot.

For me it seems a little risky to push up that early. I think it would be better to let it sit longer in linux-next for this. After all this is a major change how IO resources are allocated. That is why I didn't pull
it into the ACPI release branch.

-Andi