Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 20:52:32 EST

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008, Tiago Assumpcao wrote:

> You weren't involved? Hold on, aren't you the developers, thence, those who
> commit mistakes, a.k.a the bug inducing point?

Umm. And if the whole discussion it was hidden from us on some private
vendor list, why should we then help track their hidden state?

That's what you claimed we should do, wasn't it?

> Personally, I, too, have a major disgust for most crap seen in the so called
> info-sec world. I hand you my agreement on this one.
> Except, it changes in nothing your responsibilities.

My responsibility is to do a good job. And not pander to the people who
want to turn security into a media circus.

Which is exactly what I'm doing. No media circus.

Linus