Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.25.10

From: pageexec
Date: Tue Jul 15 2008 - 19:24:37 EST

On 15 Jul 2008 at 15:47, David Miller wrote:

> From: Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 15:39:10 -0700
>
> > The -stable commits are exactly the same as they are in mainline
> > (Linus's tree). Are you upset by the fact that I am not saying, "Hey,
> > look, here's a bugfix that might be security related and here's how to
> > reproduce it!" in big flashing letters?
>
> Don't sweat it Greg.
>
> This complaint about "full disclosure" is coming from someone who isn't
> even willing to communicate with the world using his real name.

you too are welcome to read the thread. the issue is not full disclosure
per se, but your not practicing what you promised. that can be changed
either way. as for my real name, it's John Smith. will you take me now
seriously? i thought so.

> The ultimate irony, in my book :-)

your using of this anonymous person's code is probably an even bigger irony ;)

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/7/1/30