Re: [ofa-general] ***SPAM*** InfiniBand/RDMA merge plans for 2.6.27

From: Tziporet Koren
Date: Mon Jul 14 2008 - 12:43:19 EST

Roland Dreier wrote:
Core:

- I'm waiting to merge the RDMA_CM_EVENT_ADDR_CHANGE changes that
depend on core networking changes until such changes are upstream.
Or, please remind me when that happens.

- Jack's XRC patch set. I think we're getting closer to converging
here, and I hope to get this merged but we're getting down to the
wire, so we'll see.
I hope we can get those in
HW specific:

- Yevgeny's mlx4 changes. We'll see how much time is left after I
get done with XRC (which is before this on my list) but to be
honest I'm not sure how mergeable a lot of this is without the
mlx4_en patches that actually use it.
We just posted the mlx4_en patches, and we need to coordinate the merge of them together
- I've been working on memory management extensions support for mlx4,
but I'm not sure if it will be ready in time. Firmware for this
may not be released for a while so it ain't urgent anyway.
We are testing the patches and we already have FW that enable them.
I agree its not urgent but it would be good to have it, so ULPs that are interested can be tested over IB too.
Here are a few topics that I believe will not be ready in time for the
2.6.27 window and will need to wait for 2.6.28 at least:

- Multiple CQ event vector support. No one has convinced me that we
know how ULPs or userspace apps should decide which vector to use,
and hence little progress has been made since we deferred this
during the 2.6.23 merge window.
We should progress this one even if we missed 2.6.27, especially we need it for RSS, and I know also RDS can gain from it.

Tziporet