Re: Multiple MSI, take 3

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Fri Jul 11 2008 - 07:42:24 EST

There is one idea that seems to model this cleanly
without breaking all kinds of expectations.

That is an irq with a very small data payload.

In that case we wire all of the vectors up to a single
irq handler that computes the payload as:
payload = vector - base-vector.

And then we figure out how to pass that to the handler in irqaction.

To most of the system it is a single irq so it avoids breaking
expectations about what an irq is.

To everything else it is a little odd, and has it's own unique
set of rules (which is good as well).

Eric