Re: [patch 19/26] x64, x2apic/intr-remap: introcude self IPI to genapic routines

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 23:52:22 EST

Mike Travis <travis@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On a similar subject I would really like to change the send_IPI_mask to pass a
> pointer to the cpumask_t arg:
>
> void (*send_IPI_mask)(cpumask_t mask, int vector);
>

> This bloats the stack by 512 bytes and seemingly is called by some fairly
> nested routines. Any opinions?

It sounds like a pain. Especially since we would need to dereference
cpumask_t when we use it. Does any remember if there was a plan for
dealing with cpumask_t when the number of cpus got large?

If we pass in a pointer to constant data semantically we should be fine.

Mostly I am wondering if three isn't a cleaner solution hidden away somewhere.

Eric