Re: [patch 00/26] x64, x2apic/intr-remap: Interrupt-remapping andx2apic support

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 18:09:20 EST

Eric W. Biederman wrote:
A lot of your code is generic, and some of it is for just x86_64. Since the
cpus are capable of running in 32bit mode. We really need to implement x86_32
and x86_64 support in the same code base. Which I believe means factoring out
pieces of io_apic_N.c into things such as msi.c that can be shared between the
two architectures.

in general the purpose of this is to support 256 and more logical threads....
.... not going to happen on 32 bit