Re: v2.6.26-rc9: kernel BUG at kernel/sched.c:5858!

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Thu Jul 10 2008 - 10:03:40 EST

2008/7/10 Vegard Nossum <vegard.nossum@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Dmitry Adamushko
> <dmitry.adamushko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Does a patch from Miao Xie available via the link below makes this
>> problem disappear? Both bugs are likely to have the same cause.
>>
>> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/7/7/75
>
> Yep, it does, nice, thanks!
>
> Will these two patches (yours and Miao Xie's) be queued for 2.6.26 already?

Miao Xie's patch addresses a problem by fixing its consequence. In
general, an 'offline' cpu must not be visible for any kind of
load-balancing at this point. So I'd rather like to understand and
address the root cause of this mis-behavior.

Regarding new crashes. Do you get them

(1) after a few cpu offline / onlines ?
(2) on a freshly booted system?
(3) (1) or (2) but only with Miao Xie's patch (should not be (2) then)
(4) something else?

TIA,

--
Best regards,