Re: [RFC 00/15] x86_64: Optimize percpu accesses

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 14:34:45 EST

Mike Travis wrote:
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
H. Peter Anvin wrote:
Did the suspected linker bug issue ever get resolved?
I don't believe so. I think Mike is getting very early crashes
depending on some combination of gcc, linker and kernel config. Or
something.

Yes and unfortunately since SGI does not do it's own compilers any
more (they were MIPS compilers), there's no one here that really
understands the internals of the compile tools.

A bummer, too, since that compiler lives on as the Pathscale compiler...

-hpa