Re: [patch 4/4] MFD: Change mfd platform device usage to wrapperplatform_device

From: ian
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 08:15:52 EST

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 12:50 +0100, Ben Dooks wrote:

> So, the enable/disable calls might be useful, however is there any
> reason this could not be handled by the clock framework? The
> suspend/resume entries where not used, and I belive should not be in
> here.

Hi Ben,

I agree with you on wrapping the platform device, however the enable /
disable methods must stay.

Other cores need them, and they arent only there for clock support.

I've just looked at the TMIO MMC driver to refersh my memory and the
suspend / resume hooks must stay also. TMIO MMC needs to be handled
differently when suspending and when being disabled (loss of state when
disabled).

As yet, only tc6393 is 'in tree' but Im waiting for the core to settle
down before I convert my other TMIO based code (again again) to the new
core.

So, in summary -

ACK to your changes to wrap the device as an 'mfd_device'
NAK to deleting the mfd_cell power management.