Re: 2.6.25: random stalls on certain hardware - regression?

From: Michael Tokarev
Date: Wed Jul 09 2008 - 05:22:21 EST

Oliver Neukum wrote:
Am Dienstag 08 Juli 2008 23:56:12 schrieb Michael Tokarev:

Any idea how to start welcome. Meanwhile I'll try current 2.6.26pre,
in a hope it will not destroy all our data.. ;)

Can you test whether select() triggers the lockup?

Hmm. Sure I can, and it definitely uses select() here and there -
samba & Oracle8 & cronyd & vtund & syslogd - that's services
running on it all using select(2). Can you elaborate a bit
more on this please? I mean, should it lock up on first select()
(so that it's not what I see here) or on some random one (still
may be the situation I see), or not so-random which is more-or-less
possible to trigger?

Thank you for the reply!

/mjt