Re: git pull through http / git

From: J.H.
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 03:35:01 EST

Keep in mind Kernel.org uses caching on gitweb and thus gitweb itself is
not necessarily accurate / up to date. git.kernel.org also round-robins
across 4 machines which may be in various states of update, so your
fundamentally looking at a number of different possible points that may
be slightly out of sync with each other.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Admin & Original Author of the Gitweb Caching code