Re: [Patch 06/10] mfd: PCAP driver for the Motorola EZX GSM mobilephones

From: Eric Miao
Date: Tue Jul 08 2008 - 02:49:25 EST

Stefan Schmidt wrote:

>> Otherwise I'd dislike the hardcoded IRQ numbers in the MFD driver.
>
> So far it seems to be no problem. If there is a strong feeling to change this we
> will of course work on that. Personally I would prefer to do this when new users
> of this driver appear.

The irq2pcap[] array looks horrible to me. It's actually a sparse array.
Isn't there a nice 1:1 mapping using a formular??

Besides, the IRQ numbering scheme has now changed to a more generic way,
I suggest to pull from Russell's latest git tree and rebase the IRQ
part.

>> The machine_is_xyz() calls inside ezx-pcap could be replaced with
>> configuration via platform_data (have pcap_platform_data->cs_inverted,
>> for example)
>
> We had this before and it turned out as messy as this solution. We have one
> machine file that supports up to 6 devices right now. So we would have to deal
> with the same machine_is_xyz macros in the machine file.
>
> We thought it would be better to let the driver handle this. Open for discussion
> of course.

The following block of code:

+ if (pcap_data->cs >= 0) {
+ if (machine_is_ezx_a780() || machine_is_ezx_e680())
+ gpio_direction_output(pcap_data->cs, 1);
+ else
+ gpio_direction_output(pcap_data->cs, 0);
+ }

has 3 occurrences in the driver (2 in ezx_ssp_pcap_putget, 1 in ezx_pcap_probe)
which is good reason to fold this into the platform data.

Well, if the above is done in platform data, I guess you won't mind another bit
flag (e.g. PCAP_REDIRECT_IRQ or something alike) added in platform data, either