Re: git pull through http / git

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 23:31:35 EST

Jan Engelhardt wrote:

I have made some sketches on a git-aware http protocol to deal with the "idiot IT department-managed firewall" problem; however, I have not had time to implement it.

Not wanting to downplay your work, but I'd be happier if they
would not get to have their githttp in the hope that these
IT departments get a clue that http is not a fits-it-all solution.

Because once the workers can't do their job because the world is Git-dominated, they have to turn it on. But maybe then they still don't get the clue...hmm
tricky situation :)

Given that one of the companies so affected is Intel, which you'd think would have more of a clue not just for git but for God-knows-how-many other services...

-hpa