Re: [Rt2400-devel] rt2500pci: Failed to initialize hw. But works with ancient rt2500-1.1.0

From: Tomas Winkler
Date: Mon Jul 07 2008 - 18:26:19 EST

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 07 July 2008, Stefanik Gábor wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:08 PM, Ivo van Doorn <ivdoorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Check if the arc4 and ecb modules are loaded before loading mac80211 & rt2500pci.
>> >
>> > Ivo
>>
>> Shouldn't we make mac80211 depend on arc4 and ecb?
>
> They do depend on those modules, but for some reason they
> are not always automatically loaded when the mac80211 module is loaded.

This is bug is reported very often mostly on ubuntu based distoros.
There is no linkage dependency so it doesn't produce entry in the
depmod.
mac should somehow request these modules dynamically. If I understand
correctly is not so straight forward since there might be alternative
hw acceleration modules for these modules.

Thanks
Tomas