Re: Status of Ricoh Bay1Controller driver?

From: Pierre Ossman
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 19:24:52 EST

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:11:49 +0200
Sascha Sommer <saschasommer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is still some hack for ACMDs. I know you won't like that but I did not
> get the SD_APP_SEND_SCR command to work without it.
>
> MMC_SEND_EXT_CSD does not work (also not with that ACMD hack) and prints out
> something like:

The SCR and EXT_CSD are both the only data transfers that are done in
1-bit mode in the respective init paths. Are you sure that hack you
have for ACMDs is really for ACMDs and not for 1-bit transfers?

(And you're right about me not liking that hack, but I can let that one
slide as long as you agree it is important to get rid off ;))

> mmc0: unable to read EXT_CSD, performance might suffer.
>
> The card works without problems after this message.

Yeah, it works for older MMC cards. The newer, larger ones will fail
when it can't read the EXT_CSD though.

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org
rdesktop, core developer http://www.rdesktop.org

WARNING: This correspondence is being monitored by the
Swedish government. Make sure your server uses encryption
for SMTP traffic and consider using PGP for end-to-end
encryption.