Re: Ctrl+C doesn't interrupt process waiting for I/O

From: Joe Peterson
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 17:17:39 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
>> disk activity process over each time it completed), it always broke out
>> after one ^C - one time took an extra second or two. Note that I did
>> not run latencytop (did not have it compiled in my kernel) - if that is
>> required for the test, let me know, but I assume it is just for
>> gathering info when the issue occurs.
>
> I really don't think this is tty related looking at the code involved and
> also the lack of actual measurements presented. More likely scheduler and
> VM related changes.

Alan, many thanks for your assessment - it's greatly appreciated. Now
that I've looked into it, the only peculiar thing I see is the redundant
flush_buffer call. Do you think that should be removed anyway? It
seems that the following two calls do the same thing in n_tty.c:

n_tty_flush_buffer(tty);
tty_driver_flush_buffer(tty);

If this looks redundant, let me know, and I can submit a patch to just
call n_tty_flush_buffer(tty).

-Thanks, Joe