Re: dsdt buggy acpi

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 12:23:46 EST

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Alexey Starikovskiy <aystarik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Justin Mattock wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

>>> iasl will complain about code that the Linux interpreter will happily
>>> accept. If the only reason you've made changes is that iasl complains,
>>> then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a result.
>>> Otherwise, work out which changes fix which Linux bugs and file a bug
>>> at bugzilla.kernel.org against acpi.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>

>> Hello; I modified dsdt because iasl was complaining, As a result like
>> what you said
>> "then it's unlikely that there's any functional difference as a
>> result" is probably
>> what I'm seeing. As for a bug report I already have one filed. As to
>> why I'm messing with
>> the dsdt, just trying to isolate the problem with the bug I have
>> already filed., or at least
>> get a better idea of what is happening. Anyways thanks for the info.
>> regards;
>>

> For difference, you should look for "Darwin", this is how MacOS X identifies
> itself to hardware.
>

> Regards,
> Alex.

Hello;
So adding acpi_osi=Darwin will work for boot parameter. Also I wanted
to apologize If I pissed you off,
I didn't quite understand what was really happening, and now after
looking into the scenario, I think I need to find out
what is going on with my GPE's, this way you're detector(ec.c) won't
be going off so frequently.
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock