Re: Is there any way to download all email archive of linuxkernel, and then import to Gmail for search?

From: Erik Mouw
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 10:28:18 EST

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:21:42PM +0800, zhp wrote:
> I have found that there is some methods for me to migrate local
> existing emails to Gmail for search.
>
> * Gmail Loader
> see http://www.linux.com/articles/60733
>
> * imapsync,
> see http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapsync/
>
> However, the problem is where can I get all of the old mails to my
> local computer?
> Has anyone done such things sucessfully?

I don't think so, the full linux-kernel is too large for a single gmail
account (FY: last month was 91 MB of traffic, that's about 1.1 GB per
year). However, you can use standard Google search on the various
linux-kernel archives. Here is your message:

http://www.google.com/search?q=imapsync+site:lkml.org
http://www.google.com/search?q=imapsync+linux-kernel+site:gmane.org

Erik

--