Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 09:49:02 EST

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 14:27 +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Why is it so difficult to see the value of KEEPING STUFF WORKING AS
> IT
> > WORKS TODAY?
>
> Sure Jeff. Lets delete libata, that caused all sorts of problems when
> it was being added.

A particularly good example. I used to be able to just copy around the
driver for my host controller. Now I have to copy _two_ files, so the
world is going to end! Should I have insisted that we link libata
statically into each and every module which uses it?

(Or at least I have to copy two files _if_ I actually want to make
changes to libata.ko too, which I almost never do...)

--
dwmw2