Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 09:18:23 EST

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 13:06 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hmm, I got this error even with CONFIG_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL=y.
>
> Through a quick look at the code, the firmwares are not built indeed.
> I guess the fix like the following needed for building firmwares for
> modules. Now trying to build the kernel again to check this...

For modules, you just need run
'make INSTALL_FW_PATH=/lib/firmare firmware_install'.

I should...

1. Change the default to /lib/firmware so that you don't have to set
INSTALL_FW_PATH.
2. Add that to the 'make help' text.
3. Look at making 'make modules_install' installl the firmware required
by the modules it's installing, so you don't even need to do
_anything_ new.

--
dwmw2