Re: Kconfig question - multiple entries touching one integer

From: Ben Dooks
Date: Fri Jul 04 2008 - 06:54:22 EST

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:08:29AM +0100, Ben Dooks wrote:
> I'm trying to produce a Kconfig to deal with allocating
> extra resources depending on what is selected. I'd like
> to have an integer which specifies the
>
> ie:
>
> config ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES
> int
> default 0
> help
> Extra resources depending on the board selected

> config BOARD_A
> set ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES 32
>
> config BOARD_B
> set ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES 64
>
> in this example, if board A is selected, then ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES
> would be 32, if BOARD_B is selected then it would be 64.
>
> doing
>
> config ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES
> int
> default 0
> default 32 if BOARD_A
> default 64 if BOARD_B
>
> doesn't work, and involves changing this part of the Kconfig
> every time a new board is added.
>
> Is there any current way of doing this, would there be any
> objections to having some form of 'set' clause in a config
> statememt?

Currently, the rather crufty approach is to do:

config ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_32
bool

config ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_64
bool

config BOARD_A
select ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_32

config BOARD_B
select ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_64

and have the following in the header file:

#ifdef ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_64
#define ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES 64
#elif defined(ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES_32)
#define ARCH_EXTRA_RESOURCES 32