Re: [bug?] tg3: Failed to load firmware "tigon/tg3_tso.bin"

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Jul 03 2008 - 17:03:50 EST

David Woodhouse wrote:
Although it does make me wonder if it was better the way I had it
originally, with individual options like TIGON3_FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL
attached to each driver, rather than a single FIRMWARE_IN_KERNEL option
which controls them all.

IMO, individual options would be better.

Plus, unless I am misunderstanding, the firmware is getting built into the kernel image not the tg3 module?

If that is the case, then that creates problems by not moving with the driver.

If that is not the case, all good.

Jeff