Re: Removing sysdevs?

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 17:57:23 EST

> The plan is:
> - remaining driver core cleanups to allow for multiple drivers
> to be bound to individual devices
> - add multiple binding support to the core
> - migrate existing sysdevs to struct device, now that multiple
> binding is allowed
> - delete sysdev structure
> - profit!

I hope the sysdev semantics of running with interrupts etc. will be kept?

> It's that first step that is taking a while, the last big changes will
> be going into 2.6.27 to help accomplish this, after that merge happens
> for 2.6.27-rc1 I'll be working on the remaining steps.

So what's up with the sysdev attribute passing changes i posted? Are you
going to put them in or will the conversion happen so soon that they're
not worth it?

I eventually need the passed attribute for the dynamic bank patches.

-Andi