mtrr registers with >= 4GB ram

From: Rann Bar-On
Date: Wed Jul 02 2008 - 11:07:52 EST

As documented at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/210780 and http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33821469 (as well as other places - google 4gb mtrr bug), the kernel appears to misdetect the mtrr registers on many machines with 4gb ram, causing all sorts of issues - especially with video drivers in X. It is possible to rewrite the correct registers using a pretty hackish script, but the bug should probably be fixed at the kernel level.

Please CC me personally when replying, as I'm not on LKML. I'd be happy to try out patches if such come along :)

Thanks,
Rann