Re: Regression: boot failure on AMD Elan TS-5500

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 16:29:02 EST

Sean Young wrote:

I was just trying to confirm this with postive and negative tests which is failing. I'm probably being an idiot, please let systematically test
this.

This does not seem like the heisenbug category, or is it?

It could easily be something timing-dependent, which might affect only X boots out of Y. Please keep us posted on your testing progress.

It would also be very interesting if you put, say, a WBINVD at the point of label 1:

-hpa