Re: [RFT] x86 acpi: normalize segment descriptor register on resume

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jul 01 2008 - 09:03:35 EST

> It still seems incredibly risky to push this for 2.6.26, especially
> given the Elan revelation.

Do Elans even support S3?

> I think it needs to be tested on the 2.6.27
> track, and then possibly be pushed back via the 2.6.26-stable route.

I'm just not sure how many suspend/resume cycles people really do
on a early (pre -rc) mainline kernel (or in linux-next for that
matter). You usually have to install on a laptop and actually
use it.

Since this code is only executed on resume some directed testing
would be better. That is what Rafael asked for in this mail.

I think it would be ok for .26 if we can get confirmation it works
on a few systems with S3 suspend/resume.

-Andi