Re: linux-next: Tree for June 13: IO APIC breakage on HP nx6325

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Jun 29 2008 - 16:07:56 EST

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 09:03:29PM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Is the DMI ID *guaranteed* to be changed with an update to the DSDT?

The BIOS version is, yes.

> Anyway, you cannot imply from a given DMI ID a broken DSDT is present, so
> you will have to repeat the experience of adding another DMI ID whenever a
> user hits this broken DSDT with another piece of hardware. As long as you
> are able to pull this piece of information from that user, that is...

These are the only two pieces of hardware ever reported to have this
problem. Nobody appears to have demonstrated it on any other HP systems,
and any non-HP systems would have a different identifier string. With
the SB400 being superceded, I don't expect us to see any more machines
with the same ID.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx