Re: ABI change for device drivers using future AVX instruction set

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 11:44:20 EST

Agner Fog wrote:

You see why I want proper documentation? If this had been documented in some reference that was easy to find, I wouldn't have needed to take your time with all these questions...

This is correct - but then someone would have to use time to write that documentation _and keep it up-to-date_. So far, nobody volunteered.
You should feel free to add your newly gained information to the
existing incomplete documentation. :)

This is how open-source works - there is no "boss/management"
that can put someone on the less popular jobs.
No matter how useful this might be.
You want something extra - driver or docs - you make it.

Helge Hafting