Re: AdvFS released under GPLv2

From: Martin Knoblauch
Date: Fri Jun 27 2008 - 04:08:24 EST

----- Original Message ----

You have to see this in context. Incidentially, I also got in contact with True64 and AdvFS at about the same time after long IRIX experience. At that time AdvFS definitely was advanced to anything available on True64. Comparable to the situation with other proprietary OSes - journaled high-availability filesystems just were not the standard. Neither was a fully integrated volume manager...

Wheter AdvFS is still really "advanced" I cannot say, but good that the internals are now open. If only to learn from.

Btw. XFS on IRIX was the really advanced FS at that time, of course :-)

Cheers
Martin