Re: linux-next: Tree for June 26

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 19:37:47 EST

On Thursday, 26 of June 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since next-20080625:
>
> The tip-core tree lost its three conflicts against Linus' tree.
>
> The pci tree gained two conflicts against the x86 tree.
>
> The v4l-dvb tree had the second revert undone. We will see if this is
> right.
>
> The net tree gained a conflict against the wireless-current tree.
>
> The vfs tree lost its conflict against the sched tree.
>
> The arm tree lost its conflict against Linus' tree.
>
> The rr tree gained a patch for a build problem instead the revert.
>
> The firmware tree lost a conflict against the usb tree.

commit 423c982fffb1cd95c8cdd654ce5ab59351ba41f5
Author: Jaswinder Singh <jaswinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Jun 18 19:58:33 2008 +0530

firmware: convert tg3 driver to request_firmware()

breaks my nx6325.

Apparently, with this patch applied the tg3 has a NULL pointer dereference
somewhere, but I can only see the first line of the oops, afterwards the box
hangs solid.

Please drop it if possible.

Also, arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_64.c seems wrong at the moment, as it checks
for conditions that are never satisfied etc.

Thanks,
Rafael