Re: v2.6.26-rc7/cgroups: circular locking dependency

From: Max Krasnyansky
Date: Thu Jun 26 2008 - 13:45:29 EST

Paul Menage wrote:
Second idea - can we just punt the call to rebuild_sched_domains() to
a workqueue thread if it's due to a flag or cpumask change? Does it
matter if the call doesn't happen synchronously? The work handler
could easily nest the cgroup_lock() call inside get_online_cpus() and
then call rebuild_sched_domains()

I was thinking about exactly the same thing. I kind of don't like async nature of it. Maybe it's ok but there might be some interesting races with async domain updates.

Max