Re: nanosleep() uses CLOCK_MONOTONIC, should be CLOCK_REALTIME?

From: Michael Kerrisk
Date: Tue Jun 24 2008 - 04:28:04 EST

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 10:01 AM, Bart Van Assche
<bart.vanassche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 7:39 AM, Michael Kerrisk
> <mtk.manpages@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'll add some text (not quite sure what yet) in the nanosleep() man
>> page on this point.
>
> You could e.g. mention that nanosleep() is neither affected by the
> settimeofday() system call

Thanks. Yes, that follows fairly naturally from the statement about
clock_settime().

> nor by adjtimex() (this last one is used by
> ntpd).

That surprised me a little. So gradual adjustments to the time made
by adjtime() / adjtimex() really don't affect nanosleep()?

--
Michael Kerrisk
man-pages online: http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online_pages.html