powerpc: using rapidio with MPC8548 board and 2.6.25 kernel

From: Alex Dubov
Date: Tue Jun 24 2008 - 04:16:34 EST

I have an MPC8548 board (MPQ101 by Mercury) and I want to put a recent version of linux on it. I'm also especially interested in the rapidio interface, which is currently (on my board) supported by some sort of custom driver.

However, it appears, that rapidio driver won't build on 2.6.25+ kernels because of changes in general kernel architecture. And Kconfig for this feature is incorrect too (this is easily fixable, of course).