Re: Oops in NFS (RHEL4, but also in kernel bugzilla)

From: Ian
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 14:30:31 EST

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM, Daniel J Blueman
<daniel.blueman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is chance that you've overrun the 4KB stack. Can you retest with
> CONFIG_4KSTACK disabled perhaps?

Testing is hard as the oops is not easily reproducible, but I'll
prepare a non-4KSTACKS kernel so that I can boot to it if we oops
again.

I'm still interested to hear from someone if the patch in bugzilla is
good for catching a real error case, or if it's papering over a larger
problem (for example a stack overrun).

Ian