Re: LMSENSORS: 2.6.26-rc, enabling ACPI Termal Zone support costs sensors

From: Rene Herman
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 10:05:49 EST

On 23-06-08 15:47, Jean Delvare wrote:

This cannot be the reason, because it's not wrong. We just need a device backlink. Basically, any single one will do. It's just about keeping lm-sensors 2 happy.

Your patch _is_ wrong. You make the device link point to _one_ of the
devices that belong to the thermal zone, arbitrarily. If the device is
removed before the thermal zone itself is, what happens?

As Zhang Rui said, this cannot happen in reality. I'll stop talking to you. Kernel side, it's not your problem anyway, it's an ACPI Thermal Zone one. Guess I'll go ask the 2.6.26 release manager if he feels that breaking existing lm-sensors 2 userspace systems is acceptable. I myself obviously know how to fix things by now.

Admittedly I need to find another hobby because the regularity with which people on this list piss me off is definitely disturbing. I also have this depressing notion that it might just be people pissing me off with frightening regularity period, but oh well.

Gardening... maybe I'll do gardening now.

Rene.