Re: [patch 2/3] vfs: fix sys_getcwd for detached mounts

From: Al Viro
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 09:56:02 EST

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 01:28:06PM +0200, Miklos Szeredi wrote:

> After the patch it will give a much saner "/skel" result.

I'm not sure that /skel is much saner, to be honest. Existing
behaviour is BS, no arguments about that, but I suspect that
we want that to be recognizable. How about doing something
like detached:<rest of path> instead (c.f. "pipe:[6969]" and
its ilk)?

Lack of leading / currently points to pathname *not* resolving
to object; it might be worth doing the same here. Comments?