Re: [ANNOUNCE] Position Statement on Linux Kernel Modules

From: Greg Louis
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 08:49:19 EST

On 20080622 (Sun) at 2201:18 -0700, Greg KH wrote:

> If there are any kernel developers who want to add their names to this
> statement, please let me know by private email and I will be glad to add
> it.
>
> Position Statement on Linux Kernel Modules
> June 2008
>
> We, the undersigned Linux kernel developers...

Do you think it might be a good idea to start a similar list, in the
form of a petition to manufacturers, for end users? The hope would be
that the number of petitioners grow big enough to let us effectively
rebut the argument that nobody outside the developer community really
cares.

(Of course, the best way to rebut that argument would be for end-users
to vote with their feet, but for a lot of us, me included, that's not a
practical option.)

--
| G r e g L o u i s | gpg public key: 0x6D9E3E64 |
| http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis | (on my website or any keyserver) |