Re: [ANNOUNCE] Position Statement on Linux Kernel Modules

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 06:00:55 EST

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Greg KH wrote:

As part of the Linux Foundation Technical board, we confront the issue
of closed source Linux kernel modules all the time, and we wanted to do
something that could be seen as a general "public statement" about them
that is easy to understand and point to when people have questions.

So, after working on this for a while, and asking some of the other
major contributors and maintainers of the kernel, what we have is below.

There is also a site at:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Device_driver_statement

Just a sidenote: It would probably be nice to have this linked from the main LF page (News?), I don't seem to see it there ... ?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs