Re: nmi_watchdog suspicious

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 21:56:58 EST

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

> If you mean the case we get NMI physical line assetred while configuring APIC
> (ie nmi watchdog is not properly configured yet) then I wonder why we has
> this checking at all...

Hmm, I am not sure what you mean -- nmi_watchdog_tick() can be called
potentially at any time, and you can receive NMIs from sources other than
the watchdog; the latters would set bits in the Port B at 0x61 in most
cases though. Anyway using a separate variable such as
"nmi_watchdog_active" would be cleaner.

Maciej